It’s a funny old life when you’re half Greek in England, or anywhere in the world really. Today’s post is dedicated to the entertaining little things people have said when I mention my heritage – from quips about my appearance to confusion about food and language 🇬🇷😂😍
- Greek? I don’t like olives
- Your hair is soooo curly, how long does it take to straighten it?
- Why do you even bother with sun cream
- What on earth is a name day?
- I love your mum’s accent!
- What is your lunch? *something unpronounceable*
- You’re half Greek? I went to Cyprus once!
- You’re half Greek? I went to Malia once!
- Does your mum speak English?
- Do you know how to make hummus?
- How can hair be naturally curly?
- Why do you celebrate Easter twice?
- What is baklava?
- What do you think about the Greek economy?
- What do you mean you don’t have turkey at Christmas?
- I LOVE GREEK FOOD
- You have a lot of icons around the house…
- Do you identify as white?
- You guys all talk at once
P.s visit Greece!
P.p.s Thanks for the memes 😍😘