This chilly weather has got me thinking about Scandinavia and, more importantly, about food. My parents worked in Sweden for many years and still miss it to this day so, naturally, Swedish food comes out in the form of a smorgasbord whenever we have a big celebration e.g Christmas Eve tomorrow!
Here are 7 of the best foods to try in Sweden (they’re not all Christmassy) 💛💙
1. Marabou chocolate is perfection. Try the milk or daim versions and the rolls are amazing!
3. Chai lattes – I know, I know, you can get these in any country that has a Starbucks but believe me, the Swedes have taken this spicy drink to a whole new level! Try Espresso House if you can 😘
4. Jansson’s temptation – this is the classic and delicious potato and fish combo that we Brits know and love but in an even more comforting bake!
5. Semla – a cardamom spiced bun filled with cream, what more could a person want? Eat with coffee or warm milk ☕
6. Kalles kaviar – trust me on this one, it looks weird but it’s so tasty served on toast or Swedish crispbread with egg and/or cucumber:
7. Prinsesstårta – said to have been a royal favourite, this is the famous green cake that everyone needs in their life. Go and channel your inner princess 👑
Thank you for the good-enough-to-eat photos 🙌😍
Happy Christmas Eve’s Eve! 🎅⛄🌲🍾